- Educational opportunities – Which programs are available in the community and/or region?
- Cost of private services – Will the child require a caretaker or some form of support?
- Public benefits – How will the child qualify for SSDI, SSI, and Medicaid?
- Guardianship – Will a guardianship be necessary if the child is over 18 and requires such assistance?
- Health care options – Which medical professionals are familiar with the child’s needs and requirements?
- Special needs trust – Should a special needs trust be created to help provide for a child without removing them from public benefits?
If you or a loved one face any of these challenges, you may need and should seek out the assistance of various public agencies, support groups, or attorneys knowledgeable about such matters.
Our office can work with your other team members to help with legal issues you may have, including the establishment of special needs trusts for the child. Come talk with us and gain peace of mind in these difficult times.
— Andrew Bullard Esq., Attorney
Law Offices of Douglas E. Koenig, PLLC